Monday, December 3, 2007

Verse for Today...


"Don't brashly announce what you're going to do tomorrow; you don't know the first thing about tomorrow." Proverbs 27:1 (The Message)

Don't you just love that? What a smackdown! I love to look up verses in The Message... It's the Bible in contemporary language. What do I mean by a smackdown? Sometimes I feel as if a verse just smacked me upside my head! Kind of like, ooh...that's you, girl! I once heard someone say, "If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans". His plans for us are so much more than what we could ever envision for ourselves...His plans are to accomplish His will. My plans are, well, let's just say they're usually selfish desires of the heart. Here are a few other verses from The Message that I like:

"Listening to gossip is like eating sweet candy; do you want junk like that in your belly?" Proverbs 26:22

"Don't be quick to fly off the handle. Anger boomerangs. You can spot a fool by the lumps on his head." Ecclesiastes 7:9

(I took a quick look in the mirror after reading that one...I didn't see any VISIBLE lumps!!)

The Message is a great companion to your Bible. It is very interesting...you should get one!

No comments: