Wednesday, March 5, 2008

verse for today...






In the morning, O Lord, you will hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3

The photos were taken in the Yellow Fever Cemetery, Grenada, MS.

When I get up in the morning, the first thing I usually think is...
"I need coffee..."
"I've got to wake the girls up (call Shelby's name twenty times)...
"Don't forget, today is (fill in the blank...garbage day, field trip day, etc.)...

My first thoughts are not about laying my requests before my Lord and going into my day waiting in expectation, but it should be...some days I do, but most days I don't. Why is it so hard for me to let go and let Him be in control of my life instead of trying to do things on my own? I'm going to pray for wisdom and discernment. I'm going to seek Him early in the morning.

No comments: