Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Crossroads...

**This is a post from about this time last year along with a few more photos I found...
I took this last year on a trip to the Delta with my sister, Heather.

The Crossroads...Robert Johnson went to the Crossroads, so the legend goes, he left with his guitar and the devil took his soul.
How interesting is that legend? When we visited his gravesite later that day, on his marker was this: Jesus of Nazareth. King of Jerusalem. I know that my Redeemer liveth and that He will call me from the grave. Handwritten by Robert Johnson, shortly before his death and preserved among family papers by his sister, Carrie H. Thompson.

Did he really sell his soul to the devil? I don't know, but I do know that we all come to the crossroads at some point in our life. And yes, the devil is there.

As a Christian, I know that I am called to serve the body of Christ-to do His will. The devil does not want me to. He wants me to use my time unwisely so that I am unproductive and sedentary in my spiritual growth. I take an Equipping class on Tuesdays and today we talked about having a plan and setting goals. One of my favorite verses is Jeremiah 29:11. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future."
In our workbook it says that the trouble with most of our plans is that they focus only on getting things done. The focus rarely is on getting GOD'S things done. When we set our goals each year, do we really consider what God wants us to accomplish that year?

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21

No comments: