Tuesday, April 29, 2008

positive and encouraging...


Have you listened to Love Is Here by Tenth Avenue North? It's my new favorite song...about a year and a half ago, I turned the radio to 100.9, K Love. I was a little intimidated, not knowing hardly any of the songs I heard. I recognized a few from church. I wanted to start listening to Christian music, but I couldn't sing along with any of the songs! You see, I'm the person in the car behind you...the one you stare at in the rear view mirror...you know, the one singing like no one's watching, the one you laugh at...yep, that's me. I know it's amusing, I laugh when I look in my mirror and see people doing this! I also try to read lips and figure out what song they're singing! Anyway, I was having trouble with the thought of not knowing the words to the songs. I was also clinging to all of the secular music that I loved. I gradually started tuning into K Love on a regular basis, going back and forth for a while. Believe me, it was a little rocky for a while. We all knew the words to the hit songs. We could sing the songs about cheating or shaking something without really thinking about the words we were actually saying! Even Jordan said, "Why do they have to be so encouraging all the time? It's getting on my nerves!" Well, after a month or two, I could sing along with most of the songs! It's gradually become the only radio station we listen to! When I was growing up, we didn't have anything like this...no matter what genre of music you listen to, there's a Christian version that sounds just as good...and the lyrics are much better! Go to iTunes and listen to some of these songs...one more thing...it also helps to listen to uplifting music while in traffic...it's harder to have road rage while singing songs of praise...not that I would have road rage, or anything...

Love Is Here, Tenth Avenue North
Call My Name, Third Day
Every Man, Casting Crowns
Already, Rush of Fools
Praise and Adore, Wavorly
When Our Hearts Sing, Rush of Fools
Beautiful Lord, Leeland
Opposite Way, Leeland

There are lots of great artists and songs, these are just some that I've purchased in the last few days and love! Go to the K Love link on the right...I bet you have K Love in your city! We could be singing the same songs in our cars at the same time!

1 comment:

Tate Family said...

One of the biggest blessings of my childhood is that my mom "made" us listen to all Christian music. I say "made," b/c @ the time, I didn't really appreciate (or like) it. Now I totally see the importance of what she was trying to instill in me. :)

BTW, a friend of mine from Florence is supposed to be contacting you about pics!!