Thursday, April 24, 2008

Prayer for Teenagers...


"This is what the Lord says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's.'" 2 Chronicles 20:15

Lord, I ask for wisdom and patience through my children's teenage years. As they navigate new waters of growth, replace their confusion with clear thinking. I pray for their self-control and the wisdom not to be swayed by their peers. Give them a passion for you and direction for life. May they be motivated and honest. Help me to connect to my kids at this age and seek to understand their world. I thank you that the battle is not mine to fight, but Yours, Lord.

No, she's not a teenager yet, but, I'm starting to see her heading that way. Only one more year...I'm so torn with emotion...I just can't believe how true it is when people say, "They'll be grown before you know it!" I'm actually letting her go on a weekend trip to the beach with a friend and her family. I've already warned her (a hundred times) of all the dangers of the world. I told her not to go into the water too far (sharks), not to go to the bathroom alone (creepy men), to be alert, etc...I prayed this morning that God would give me peace and confidence. I worry about her so...When I read the verse above, I realized the battle is not mine...Thank you, Father, for Your protection over my children, and for the peace in knowing that You alone are GOD. You give me peace and comfort in my moments of self-doubt and fear.

No comments: