Wednesday, April 16, 2008

dreaming of dandelions...


Did you love these as a child? I did...I can vividly remember lying in the grass, daydreaming, making a wish, and poof! With one quick puff of air, little pieces of dandelion scattered into the wind. Oh, how I dreamed of being a grown-up. I dreamed of a life outside of my small town, a life filled with excitement.

It's funny that in childhood, we spend our lives wanting to be grown. In adulthood, we dream of being a child again. Lately, I go outside, see the dandelions, and dream of my childhood. It's not that I literally want to be a child again, it's that I dream of the quiet life I grew so restless of...with that said, here's my verse for today...

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11


“How small a portion of our life it is that we really enjoy! In youth we are looking forward to things that are to come; In old age we are looking backward to things that are gone past; in manhood, although we appear indeed to be more occupied in things that are present, yet even that is too often absorbed in vague determinations to be vastly happy on some future day when we have time.” ~C.C. Colton

No comments: