Tuesday, July 29, 2008

prayer for healing...


This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah: "He took up our infirmities and carried our diseases." Matthew 8:17

Have you ever been shaken to the core? So much so, that it physically hurts? The kind of hurt that makes you cry…really cry…an ugly cry. You know, like Diane Keaton in Something’s Gotta Give. That was me today. My mom called and said the doctors found a spot on my dad’s spine. I went to the prayer room at church. Mostly, just to have time to think and talk to God in a quiet place. On the way there, no sooner than the car door shut, it was on. The tears came, and they wouldn’t stop. I wailed a few times. I cried out to my Heavenly Father and asked him to heal my earthly father. He’s done it before. Two years ago, my dad was diagnosed with stage four head and neck cancer. God brought him through it.

In the prayer room, instrumental music plays softly. During my prayer, the words to the song that was playing came to me. I started whispering them.

He knows my name
He knows my every thought,
He sees each tear that falls
and hears me when I call

It was comfort when I needed it most. Please pray for him.

5 comments:

Tate Family said...

Definitely praying, friend. Please keep us posted, Monique.

Anonymous said...

you don't know me and i'm not really sure how i happened upon your blog, but i have truly enjoyed reading it. my heart aches for you today. please know that there are people out there like me, who may not really know you except from what they read, that are praying for you.

Monique said...

Thank you, Emily and Lacey...your prayers mean more to me than I can expess in words...

Jenny said...

oh, monique, i'm just now catching up on my blog reading and didn't realize that this had happened. i will be praying for him and hoping for the best. and the words of that song are a gentle reminder of God's love and power--the fact that He hears every thought and every prayer and He doesn't leave us. great is His faithfulness...

let me know if i can do anything for you. love you lots

The Simon Family said...

I will keep you and your family in my heart and in my prayers. what a scary scary feeling. As we get older it is hard to see our parents growing older with us.