Sunday, July 27, 2008

Confession: I've Got Skinny Legs...

You've got to listen to this! We had a guest speaker at church today, Wayne Cordeiro, a pastor from Hawaii. I had to keep wiping at my face to keep the tears away during the sermon. Finally, I couldn't fight them back any longer. I just bowed my head a bit so it wasn't quite so obvious tears were streaming down my cheeks. I've been running away from God lately. I justify it by telling myself I'm too busy to keep up with my daily devotional and Bible reading. I say I'll volunteer for another missions day the next time it comes around, and so on, and so on... I'm telling you, He was speaking to me today. And no, I'm not talking about Wayne Cordeiro. Click the link below and then click on the yellow circle with the picture of the t.v. When the media player pops up, it should start playing. If not, click on "The Divine Mentor" July 27, 2008. How do you use your pockets of energy? Today, I decided that I don't want skinny legs any more...

"The Divine Mentor"

If you don't live in the Jackson area, click here to get your Life Journal. If you do, stop by The Source at Pinelake and pick one up. We can start together! Also, check out the Life Journal blog for info on what we're doing. Look at the column on the right side of the blog. And by we, I mean you, too! It doesn't matter where you live or where you are in your spiritual life...

1 comment:

The Simon Family said...

Torrey went to church without me Sunay b/c my mom and Aunt were in town. He came home and said the same thing. He loved the sermon and bought his book and the CD for me to listen to. I have yet to listen to it. I have been fairly busy myself and sometime forget that I need to stop and give time to God.